Monday, April 9, 2007

"Oh Sh*t!" - Paul

Today was our first official meeting with the contractor - John Noblit of Noblit Didier Development. He's a very nice guy. He's enthusiastic about the design, and Paul seems to like him. I sort of let them talk tech and quietly observed the process. One little glitch that came up today was that the very northeast corner of the house sticks out pass the build-able area by inches! Paul asked me to quote him what he said when he found out about it, hence the title of this post. Hopefully the modification is not going to throw off the rest of the design that we like so much. I guess Paul's going back to his drawing board to figure that out while I go to the bank to ask for money. As far as a rough timeline for construction, the contractor told me if we start on June 1, we're looking at the completion date of January 1, 2008. This is the first deadline of this project. I'm sure things will change along the way. We'll see how far off the actual deadline is going to be in the end.

No comments: